Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Keen on Quinoa Sushi

When I want a quick meal I make "sushi". As a vegetarian, for me, I am always conscious to how much protein I consume especially if I am not eating any tofu or seitan that day. Therefore, when I make sushi I use quinoa instead of rice. Quinoa is a super food (in my opinion) for vegetarians because it contains a complete protein profile. You can find quinoa anywhere but I usually pick it up at Costco for $10.99 for a 4lb bag.


For this roll, I used mayo, avocado, hot sauce and quinoa. You would make the quinoa as the same as rice. Two roles usually fill me up. Over all, I am consuming a grain, getting my protein intake, eating my good fats and with the low fat mayo this is a pretty healthy quick meal! I also use soya sauce but I prefer tamari as it is low sodium and gluten free. A common mistake is to think all soya sauces are gluten free. I pick this bottle up (as shown below) at Bulk Barn for $8.99 and it usually lasts me a couple months.


No comments:

Post a Comment